The Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for Better Renting’s outreach and engagement with renters and our supporters. This is a volunteer role, based in Canberra.
What you get out of it
As Community Outreach Coordinator, you will be on the frontlines of growing a community of renters working together for stable, affordable, liveable homes. You will have flexibility to choose different ways of achieving objectives, while developing valuable skills in rapidly building rapport and connecting with other people. There is also the opportunity to build your capability with respect to measurement and analysis. You’ll also get to meet, and work with, some amazing people!
Better Renting is a community of renters working together for stable, affordable, liveable homes. We use campaigning and community organising to extend the rights of renters, while building the capacity of our community to also defend our existing rights. We are a grassroots not-for-profit, led by renters.
This role would involve a commitment of around 4-6 hours each week.
This role is based in Canberra.
- Coordinate outreach activities, potentially including: stalls, attending rental inspections, door knocking, and/or direct mail.
- Employ other methods to reach renters and get Better Renting out there such as postering.
- Work with volunteers to build a team working on outreach together.
- Manage incoming email enquiries.
Skills and attributes
This role would suit someone who:
- is comfortable and confident with engaging other people and putting yourself out there.
- is a strong leader who can inspire, motivate, and support others.
- enjoys experimentation and is interested in ongoing evaluation and improvement.
- is driven to succeed and committed to the success of Better Renting in our mission.
The most important attributes to be part of the Better Renting team are passion and initiative - many of the skills listed above can be learnt in the role. While our ideal candidate would have all of these skills, please don't be put off. We encourage you to apply if you are interested.
This role is currently open and applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis. To apply, please email an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with:
- A copy of your CV, &
- Let us know in up to 300 words total: (1) why you're interested in this role and (2) why you think you'd be a great candidate.