The Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for increasing the revenue of Better Renting through obtaining grants and major donations and growing the number of small donors supporting our work. This is a volunteer role.
What you get out of it
As Fundraising Coordinator, you will get to see how your work resources the projects and activities of Better Renting, being part of a team enabling renters to win stable, affordable, liveable homes. You'll be able to explore different opportunities and develop your own judgement, while growing highly-valued skills in fundraising and a strong understanding of Australia's philanthropy sector.
Better Renting is a community of renters working together for stable, affordable, liveable homes. We use campaigning and community organising to extend the rights of renters, while building the capacity of our community to also defend our existing rights. We are a grassroots not-for-profit, led by renters.
The role would require an average of at least four hours a week. A highly-motivated candidate could take on a larger responsibility of up to two days a week.
We would prefer you to be based in Canberra, Sydney, or Melbourne. However, this role could be done from any location.
- Identifying granting opportunities, monitoring timeframes, responses, and deadlines.
- Working with other staff to identify potential projects suitable for funding.
- Writing grant applications.
- Liaising with potential grantors.
- Coordinating our online fundraising, including through web, advertising, and email.
- Identifying and capitalising upon other fundraising opportunities.
Skills and attributes
- Excellent written communication skills with efficiency of language and the capacity to understand your audience and write to meet their needs.
- An ability to manage projects to meet deadlines and use your own time effectively.
- The capacity to rapidly build rapport with others and establish common ground.
- An interest in data and experimentation.
- A willingness to try new things and rapidly learn.
- Familiarity or experience with online fundraising would be a significant advantage.
The most important attributes to be part of the Better Renting team are passion and initiative - many of the skills listed above can be learnt in the role. While our ideal candidate would have all of these skills, please don't be put off. We encourage you to apply if you are interested.
This role is currently open and applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis. To apply, please email an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with:
- A copy of your CV,
- If possible, any examples of previous work you've done in this area (for example, a letter you've written seeking sponsorship or fundraising), &
- Let us know in up to 300 words total: (1) why you're interested in this role and (2) why you think you'd be a great candidate.