As Videographer, you can devise and implement ideas for original, engaging video to communicate the issues we are working on.
Note - this role is different to the others. We don't have a strong sense of what exactly this role would involve, other than that there is exciting potential for someone to take on this role and crush it. If you study or work in video, if you're excited about coming up with ideas to use your skills to promote our issues, we'd love to hear from you.
What you get out of it
If you want creative freedom and a blank canvas to work with - this is the role for you. You'll have support to turn your ideas into reality, while supporting a growing community of renters to transform housing in Australia. You'll build skills in videography but also a better understanding of the role of video and digital media in campaigning.
Better Renting is a community of renters working together for stable, affordable, liveable homes. We use campaigning and community organising to extend the rights of renters, while building the capacity of our community to also defend our existing rights. We are a grassroots not-for-profit, led by renters.
It's really up to you - we don't expect a fixed number of hours every week.
We would prefer you to be based in Canberra, Sydney, or Melbourne. However, this role could be done from any location.
- Coming up with ideas for videos and building support in the team.
- Managing filming and production.
Skills and attributes
- You can produce high-quality video. Maybe you have the skills yourself, or maybe you know other creatives who can help out. One way or the other, you can cover off on scripting, filming, and editing video.
This role is currently open and applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis. To apply, please email an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with:
- A copy of your CV,
- Any examples of relevant work that you've done previously, and
- Let us know in up to 300 words total: (1) why you're interested in this role and (2) why you think you'd be a great candidate.