The Web Manager is responsible for maintaining an effective website for Better Renting that makes it easy for website visitors to find and do what they want. This is a volunteer role.
What you get out of it
This is your chance to build experience with managing a website for an emerging non-profit. You will contribute to the growth of a new non-profit working on an issue of growing significance. You will have a high-level of autonomy and be able to come up with and execute your own ideas in a supportive environment. You will also build your own skills in NationBuilder, web development, team work, and client relationships.
Better Renting is a community of renters working together for stable, affordable, liveable homes. We use campaigning and community organising to extend the rights of renters, while building the capacity of our community to also defend our existing rights. We are a grassroots not-for-profit, led by renters.
This role would involve a commitment of around 2 hours each week.
We would prefer you to be based in Canberra, Sydney, or Melbourne. However, this role could be done from any location.
- Add and update pages as needed.
- Customise the design and layout to make the site more effective.
- Review analytics to inform decision-making and monitor changes.
- Assist with maintaining our online supporter database.
Skills and attributes
- Able to use HTML and CSS to create, edit, and theme webpages.
- You can communicate clearly and responsively.
- You can manage your time and commit to results and deadlines.
- You have initiative and creativity - you are willing to bring new ideas, and not afraid of failure.
The most important attributes to be part of the Better Renting team are passion and initiative - many of the skills listed above can be learnt in the role. While our ideal candidate would have all of these skills, please don't be put off. We encourage you to apply if you are interested.
This role is currently open and applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis. To apply, please email an expression of interest to email@example.com as soon as possible with:
- A copy of your CV,
- Any examples of relevant work that you've done previously, and
- Let us know in up to 300 words total: (1) why you're interested in this role and (2) why you think you'd be a great candidate.